Fixture & Events
We have an extensive programme of matches and other activities. We play a number of friendly matches against other local clubs and encourage all members to take part. The vast majority of friendlies are mixed matches, available to both lady and men members.
We are a competitive club and take part in a number of external leagues organised at the county and district level. These include:
- The Hertfordshire County league, with separate fixtures for men and ladies
- The Prentice Cup, a mixed league organised by Finchley & District
- The Day Cup, for men, with fixtures on Friday evenings against 3 local clubs
- The Brigg League, for ladies, against a number of local clubs
- The St Albans & District Triples league, for ladies, played on Friday evenings
- The George Cairns Veterans League, for men over the age of 60
- The Enfield & District Sunday League, a mixed league against other local clubs
We also enter knock-out competitions organised at the county and national level, and there are opportunities for individual members to enter competitions at the district, county and national level.
In addition, the club runs an Open Triples League every Tuesday morning throughout the season. This is open to teams entered by individual members from our club and other local clubs. The league is very competitive and we have a number of sponsors who provide substantial prize money for successful teams.
Our programme also includes a number of other bowling events – Captains’ Day (the first formal occasion at the beginning of the season), President’s Day (the final event of the season, when we also present the trophies and prizes from the club’s competitions and leagues), and two fun events arranged for club members to enjoy bowling events with a slightly different format. Our programme incorporates other routine activities in most weeks, including:
- Monday afternoon, 2pm – Club internal league and informal play.
- Tuesday morning, 10am – Open Triples league
- Thursday evening, 6pm – Informal play and coaching
7.45pm – Club social night, including a meal
- Friday afternoon, 4pm – Junior Club
- Saturday morning, 10am – Coaching